The RAYS (Rise Above Your Situation) program is a stage-matched web-based software program that integrates best practices from existing evidence-based programs for justice involved youth and substance abusers, and helps juvenile justice and social service professionals to set personal goals and interventions for their clients. RAYS relies on an evidence-based model of behavior change, the Transtheoretical Model (TTM) “stages of change”, developed by Dr. James Prochaska.
The RAYS program is a youth-driven intervention designed to:
- Serve as an adjunct to traditional juvenile justice programs to reduce recidivism and substance abuse
- Help juvenile justice staff to motivate youth to make behavior change using the stages of change model
- Give juvenile justice staff intervention ideas and other tools to help youth progress through the stages of change for stopping delinquent behavior and/or substance use
The RAYS program allows youth to:
- Complete an online assessment, in a multimedia-rich web-based environment
- Get immediate feedback on their stage of change and individualized guidance designed to facilitate progress through the stages
- Engage in the change process and develop goals to move toward long term behavior change
The RAYS program is a powerful tool for connecting staff with youth, and will allow staff to receive:
- Valuable training and skills
- Important information about their clients
- Individual youth and help-giver reports to guide youth through the stages of change and set stage-matched goals
- A convenient method for documenting one-on-one session activities and generating provider notes
For more information about RAYS, or to schedule an online demonstration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.