The Green Zone focuses on developing staff proficiency in the following areas:
- Enhanced observation skills.
- Ability to assess and translate inmate behavior in difficult circumstances.
- Use of verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Use of strategies that support pro-social change including reinforcement and modeling.
- Work effectively with inmates who have mental health issues or special needs.
Drawing from Motivational Interviewing, Social Learning Theory and Cognitive Behavioral Interventions, staff are introduced to a series of practical skills that can prevent problems before they arise and de-escalate conflict safely. The use of a consistent approach and common language to assess, translate, and respond to inmate behavior has been found to contribute to a number of desired outcomes:
- Fewer disciplinary actions.
- Decrease in assaults (inmate to staff and inmate to inmate).
- Decrease in boundary issues (e.g., over- familiarity, etc.).
- Increase in inmate compliance.
- Decrease in the number of requests for medical and mental health.
- Inmates prepared for release.
- Safer and healthier work environments.
If you would like further information on our MI training, please contact us at email@example.com.