CounterPoint™ is a cognitive-behavioral intervention program designed for men aged 18 and older involved in the criminal justice system. The program’s goal is to reduce reoffending by providing participants with the skills that enhance attitude and behavior change.
Using both cognitive restructuring and cognitive skill building components, CounterPoint™ progresses from examining typical patterns of thinking that stimulate problem behavior to specific problem-solving steps.
CounterPoint™ also includes managing emotions such as anger and evaluating the role of social influences in the participant’s environment. As such, the program addresses the influences of anti-social peers and gang memberships, as well as healthy relationships within the family
CounterPoint™ contains the following modules:
- Getting Ready for Change (3 Sessions)
- Identifying Risky Thinking (6 Sessions)
- Challenging and Changing Risky Thinking (5 Sessions)
- Staying Calm (3 Sessions)
- Dealing with Problems (4 Sessions)
- Friends and Other Influences (8 Sessions)
- Maintenance Planning (4 Sessions)
If you would like further information on our CounterPoint™ cognitive-behavioral intervention program, please contact us at email@example.com.