The Youth Assessment and Screening Instrument (YASI™) is an innovative model that assesses risk, needs and protective factors in youth populations. YASI:
- Measures both risk and strengths in juvenile populations as well as other high risk youth.
- Measures protective factors to help case workers build on the strengths of youth to buffer the negative impact of risk.
- Provides pre-screening functionality, critical for settings where triage based on risk principles is required.
- Includes a case planning component designed to help case workers identify and monitor the priority targets for behavior change.
- Produces results quickly and efficiently through web-based software that also guides the user through case plan development.
- Provides an attractive visual method for presenting and sharing assessment results.
To implement YASI, we provide a range of services:
- Customizing YASI to meet your specific requirements.
- Training for YASI administration, case planning, validation of scoring, etc.
- Providing research services so you maximize the rich database generated by the YASI user.
We have developed a number of tools for helping jurisdictions make the most of YASI:
- Supervisor Training
- Quality Assurance Assessment
- Data Workshops
- Refresher Training
- On-site Technical Support
For more information on YASI, please see our brochure.