Orbis has developed a powerful eTraining platform, along with curricula for our industry-leading assessment tools. We have also created comprehensive customized curricula, designed specifically to train client staff on the use of proprietary software.
eTraining for YASI, SPin and SPIn Re-entry
eTraining for YASI (Youth Assessment and Screening Instrument), eTraining for SPIn (Service Planning Instrument) and eTraining for SPIn Re-entry (Service Planning Instrument Re-entry) provides a comprehensive and visual introduction to the tool, greatly reducing the learning curve and allowing users to effectively deploy the tool more quickly. The training also helps users understand how YASI, SPIn and SPIn Re-entry connect with the Effective Case Work Model. As users progress through the training they are introduced to the research that supports the use of assessment and case planning tools and see the instrumental role that the tools play in every stage of effective case work.
The eTraining course exposes the user to a variety of learning activities:
- Audio clips presenting content.
- Video clips demonstrating effective case work skills.
- Reading material presented in brief paragraphs or bullets.
- Graphic presentations of key concepts.
- Popups providing more detailed information on topics.
- Brief quizzes designed to help you review your grasp of the topics.
- Brief case studies with problem-solving exercises.
- Practice entering assessment information using the CaseWorks™ software.
- End of chapter tests to evaluate your mastery of the course content.
Upon completing the eTraining course, users will be able to:
- Define evidence-based practices and the principles of effective intervention.
- Learn the core elements of effective case work and discuss the role of YASI, SPIn or SPIn Re-entry within this model.
- Learn how risk and protective factors are related to outcomes with youth and adults.
- Discuss the advantages of using YASI, SPIn or SPIn Re-entry to guide the case work process.
- Learn appropriate information gathering and motivational interviewing skills for completing a YASI, SPIn or SPIn Re-entry.
- Demonstrate competence in scoring the YASI, SPInor SPIn Re-entry.
- Learn to use YASI, SPIn or SPIn Re-entry to develop a case plan.
- Learn methods for engaging the youth or adult in the case plan and maintain progress during service.
This comprehensive training package is the perfect complement to the YASI, SPIn or SPIn Re-entry system! For staff that have already been trained on the use of the tools, eTraining provides a great refresher.
Custom eTraining Solutions
Orbis can design a custom eTraining application as a key learning tool for your own software or staff training curricula. The use of audio and video, along with rich graphics, built on a portable web-based platform immerses staff in a comprehensive environment that helps them understand key concepts and functionality. The result is a consistent training experience that ensures that all staff are trained and utilize your tools in the same, effective way. Our training experts draw on years of experience developing and delivering training materials to ensure that your custom eTraining solution exceeds your expectations.
Our eTraining services can be an invaluable tool to replace existing classroom curricula with a solution that allows staff to progress through a training program at a pace that works best for each individual. eTraining can also be used to supplement material presented in live trainings or help staff ‘refresh” their knowledge about important practices. Our platform can deliver a customized solution that works best for your organization’s training needs. The platform is suitable for a variety of training topics including safety procedures, case planning, client engagement, assessment, structured interventions, skill building, and software procedures,
Orbis developed detailed eTraining curriculums for Dismas Charities, Inc. Dismas is one of the United States’ leading re-entry organizations, and operates over 30 centers in 13 states. The eTraining developed for Dismas includes extensive curriculum for core custom software applications in use at Dismas for resident management. The eTraining helps to ensure a consistent training program for new employees throughout the organization’s various national locations.
For more information on our customer eTraining solutions or on eTraining for YASI or SPIn, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 682-7720.