Does your assessment tool provide you with everything it should?
We have designed assessment tools for adults and youth as well as a special assessment protocol for women. We’ve implemented our solutions for many jurisdictions across the United States, Canada, and internationally.
Our assessment tools have been validated in a variety of settings: in rural and urban jurisdictions, for males and females, and in community and custody settings such as New York State Probation, California CDCR/DJJ, Illinois AOIC, Illinois DHS, and Alberta SGPS.
- Training staff on how to more efficiently manage their caseloads.
- Monitoring and managing caseloads through our software at a supervisory level.
- Reducing caseloads—our model helps you effectively distribute caseloads.
- Identifying lower risk groups so you require fewer resources.
- Our assessment tools help you develop and monitor strategies for encouraging positive change in your clients. They not only enable you to perceive change, but they also enable you to measure it.
Our model allows you to address all the requirements recommended for modern and effective case management. It includes a software application that supports the assessment and case planning process from beginning to end. It also provides additional features not typically found in standard assessment applications.
With our assessment tools, using both risks and strengths, you’ll have a seamless transition from assessment to case planning as well as an iterative approach to reassessment.
Our comprehensive assessment tools include:
- Youth Assessment and Screening Instrument (YASI™) – Assesses risk, needs and protective factors in youth populations.
- Service Planning Instrument (SPIn™) – Assesses risk, needs and protective factors in adult populations. It can be used in probation, parole, re-entry and custodial settings to assess risk of recidivism and to identify service needs.
- Service Planning Instrument Re-entry (SPIn Re-entry™) – An abridged version of our SPIn assessment tool, especially suitable for measuring risk, needs and strengths in adult re-entry populations.
- Service Planning Instrument for Women (SPIn-W™) – A gender-responsive assessment and case planning tool for criminal justice involved women. Assesses risk, needs and protective factors using measures sensitive to women.
- CaseWorks™ Software Suite – Enables clients to manage their assessments, case notes, case planning and reporting activities using one software application.
- eTraining – Provides CaseWorks users with a comprehensive and visual introduction to the software as well as to the Effective Case Work Model.